Guide to Doing
Directors Committee/ Subcommittees
Print: VTC Handout
Circulation Policies of Consortium Libraries
USE YOUR LIBRARY FIRST!!!If you need to borrow materials from a consortium library, go to your home library first to apply for a consortium borrower's card, or use your Interlibrary Loan Service.
The Reciprocal Library Borrowing Program applies to students, faculty, and staff of the participating consortium institutions. The home library determines who is eligible for reciprocal borrowing privileges and issues a consortium borrower's card valid for the current semester. The borrower must show a valid consortium borrower's card at the lending library. The lending library determines whether borrowing privileges will be extended or denied. Library privileges are determined by the policies of the lending library, and vary from library to library. To request specific information, call the lending library first, and identify yourself as a consortium borrower. Most of the libraries follow these general guidelines for VTC borrowers. Exceptions are noted.
- Must be currently enrolled as a student or faculty member at a participating college in the Virginia Tidewater Consortium.
- Must be in good standing with the library of the home institution: name must not appear on the list of VTC delinquent borrowers at the Circulation Desk.
- Must present a currently validated Consortium Borrower's Card as well as a current college I.D., a driver's license, or photo I.D.
30 days: Christopher Newport, Hampton, William & Mary
2 weeks: Eastern Virginia Medical School (fac/grad only; books only)
3 weeks: Norfolk State, Old Dominion, Regent, Virginia Wesleyan
4 weeks: Eastern Shore, Jefferson Lab, Paul D. Camp, Thomas Nelson, Tidewater Community Colleges
3 items: Thomas Nelson
4 items: Hampton
5 items: Christopher Newport, EVMS, Norfolk State, Regent
6 items: Old Dominion, Virginia Wesleyan
10 items: Jefferson Lab, Paul D. Camp, William & Mary
15 items: Eastern Shore, Tidewater Community Colleges
- Must pay fines for overdue books and replacement costs for lost books.
- Circulation privileges will be blocked for overdue books and unpaid fines both at the borrowing institution and the home institution.
PLEASE REMEMBER . . .
It is a privilege to borrow materials from member libraries. Failure to comply with the rules and regulations of the lending libraries, including prompt return of materials and/or payment of charges, will result in sanctions by both the home and lending institutions. In addition, consortium borrowing privileges at all member libraries will be suspended.