The ODU Perry Library provides spaces that are available for group and individual scholarly work. The library has also designated the 3rd floor as a QUIET STUDY floor.
Many library services can be requested through an online form.
Rooms & Requests
Collaboration and Group Study Rooms
- Collaboration Rooms in the Learning Commons and group study rooms on the upper floors of Perry Library must be reserved online.
- Reservations for rooms may be made one week in advance for up to 2 hours per person, per day
- Room reservations have a 15 minute grace period from the beginning of the reservation
- Research carrels are assigned to ODU faculty members and graduate students with demonstrated need to use library resources for a given research or writing project, on-campus sabbatical project, doctoral dissertation, or master's thesis.
- Due to limited availability, carrels are normally shared by two people and should not be used as substitutions for normal office hours or study spaces. Research carrels are NOT to be used for individual tutoring.
- Applications or request for renewal of carrel assignments may be submitted to the Circulation desk Monday-Thursday from 8:00 am - 10:00 pm, Friday from 8:00 am -7:30 pm, Saturday from 9:00 am - 5:00 pm, and Sunday from 9:00 am - 10:00 pm.
- Should requests exceed the quantity of available carrels, assignments will be made from a waiting list as vacancies occur, on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Support the Libraries