SELECTED BOOKS BY CARTER G. WOODSON:
- A century of Negro migration. (Call #: E185.9.W89 1969)
- The education of the Negro prior to 1861: a history of the education of the colored people of the United States from the beginning of slavery to the Civil War. ([microform] Ultrafiche; Z1236.L53 no. LAC 10629)
- The mind of the Negro as reflected in letters written during the crisis, 1800-1860. (Call #: E185.W8877 1969b)
- The mis-education of the Negro. (Call #: LC2801 .W6 1990)
- The Negro as a business man. (by J. H. Harmon, Jr., Arnett G. Lindsay, and Carter G. Woodson) (Call #: E185.8.H25 1969)
- The Negro in our history. (by Carter G. Woodson and Charles H. Wesley) (Call #: E185.W89 1962)
- The Negro wage earner. (by Lorenzo J. Greene and Carter G. Woodson) (Call #: E185.8.G79 1970)
- The rural Negro. (Call #: E185.86.W896)
- The Journal of Negro history. (Jrnls Floor 2, Journal on Film, Internet; E185 .J86)
- Negro history bulletin. (Internet)
SELECTED BOOKS ABOUT CARTER G. WOODSON:
- Dagbovie, Pero Gaglo. The early Black history movement, Carter G. Woodson, and Lorenzo Johnston Greene. (Call #: E185.97.W65 D34 2007)
- Goggin, Jacqueline. Carter G. Woodson: a life in Black history. (Call #: E175.5.W65G64 1993)
- Greene, Lorenzo J. Working with Carter G. Woodson, the father of Black history: a diary, 1928-1930. (Call #: E185.97.W77G74 1989)
- Greene, Lorenzo J. Selling Black history for Carter G. Woodson: a diary, 1930-1933. (Call #: E185.97.W77 G735 1996)
SELECTED BOOKS ABOUT MULTICULTURALISM:
- DiTomaso, Nancy and Corinne Post, eds. Diversity in the workforce. Boston: Elsevier JAI, 2004.
(Call #: HD6951.R47 v.14)
- Dunn, Rita Stafford and Shirley A. Griggs. Multiculturalism and learning style: teaching and counseling adolescents. Westport, CT: Praeger, 1995.
(Call #: LC3731.D85 1995)
- Hewitt, Roger. White backlash and the politics of multiculturalism. New York: Cambridge University Press, 2005. (Call #: HM1271 .H48 2005)
- Klein, Ana Maria. Raising multicultural awareness in higher education. Lanham, Md: University Press of America, 2006. (Call #: LC1099 .K54 2006)
- La Belle, Thomas J. and Christopher R. Ward. Multiculturalism and education: diversity and its impact on schools and society.
Albany, NY: State University of New York Press, 1994.
(Call #: LC1099.3.L3 1994)
- Lee, A. Robert. Multicultural American literature: comparative Black, Native, Latino/a and Asian American fictions. Jackson, MI: University Press of Mississippi, 2003.
(Call #: PS153.M56 L44 2003)
- Melzer, Arthur M., et al, eds. Multiculturalism and American democracy. Lawrence, KN: University Press of Kansas, 1998.
(Call #: JK1726 .M77 1998)
- Modood, Tariq. Multiculturalism : a civic idea.
Malden, MA: Polity Press, 2007.
(Call #: HM1271 .M63 2007)
- Norton, Donna E. Multicultural children's literature: through the eyes of many children. Upper Saddle River, NJ: Merrill Prentice Hall, 2001.
(Call #: PS153.M56 N675 2001)
- Taylor, Charles, et al., eds. Multiculturalism: examining the politics of recognition. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1994.
(Call #: E184.A1M84 1994)
SOURCES FOR IMAGES IN THE EXHIBIT:
SOURCES FOR TEXT: