Events, Exhibits, & Publications
Watch the News @ ODU Libraries on our homepage to keep up with library happenings.
See Also . . .
Policy for use of Libraries spaces for exhibits, student art shows, performances and receptions
Snapshot Day 2010
Current and Upcoming Events
-- Spring 2014
- Mardi-Gras @ Club Perry (Spring Undergraduate Event): Tuesday, March 4, 6-8pm
- Soup to Nuts: A Musical Potluck - Student Performance. Diehn Composers Room, Thursday, March 20, 12:30–1:15pm
- Friends of the ODU Libraries 20th Annual Author Dinner: Wednesday, April 2 (See flyer for more information.)
- Friends of the ODU Libraries Book Event: Dr. James V. Koch will discuss his new book, The Caterpillar Way. Learning Commons @ Perry Library, Friday, April 25, 7pm (See flyer for more information.)
Past Events - 2013
Past Exhibits -- 2013
In Perry Library:
- DOVE (Desegregation of Virginia Educaiton) Travelling Exhibit
- At the Crossroads of Freedom and Equality: 150th Anniversary of the Emancipation Proclamation (Black History Month)
- Women Inspiring Innovation Though Imagination: Celebrating Women in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (Women's History Month)
- Spotlight on Scholarship: STEM Education and Professional Studies
- Lawyers Without Rights: Jewish Lawyers in Germany under the Third Reich -- Exhibit sponsored by the ODU Institute for Jewish Studies and Interfaith Understanding
- National Library Week Exhibit/National Poetry Month
- Breeze Through Summer With a Random Book
- Ask Your Librarian
- 36th Annual Literary Festival
- Zombies in the Library
- Climate Change & Storm Vulnerability
- Spotlight on Scholarship: Marketing
In the Diehn Fine and Performing Arts Building:
- Found Art/Street Art (Atrium)
- Found Music/Street Music (Diehn Composers Room)
Current Exhibit: Perry Library
Women's History Month 2014:
Celebrating Women of Character, Courage, and Commitment
Visit the exhibit at the entrance to the Learning Commons @ Perry Library where you can learn about the 12 women of character, courage and commitment chosen by the national Women's History Month Project. Each woman selected represents an important area of American life; also included are lists of other important women in these areas.
The exhibit will be available through March 2014.
Exhibits -- Spring 2014
- Black History Month: Civil Rights in America - February
- Women's History Month: Celebrating Women of Character, Courage, and Commitment - March
- Mardi Gras @ Club Perry - March 4, 2014
The Diehn Composers Room Newsletter
- is published twice yearly to inform the public about exhibits, events and news of interest pertaining to Music Special Collections at the Diehn Composers Room.
For questions or comments regarding The Diehn Composers Room Newsletter contact Sarah Davis at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 683.4173.
Friends of the Libraries Newsletter
- provides advance notice of upcoming programs sponsored by the Friends of the Libraries as well as coverage of events which have already taken place.
For questions or comments regarding the Friends of the Libraries Newsletter contact Fern McDougal at email@example.com or call 683.4141.